"But the most beautiful things in life are not things. They're people, and places, and memories, and pictures. They're feelings and moments and smiles and laughter" This is my WHY...the reason I do what I do.
Who am I and why should you choose me? My name is Shirley and I currently live in Bedfordshire. I am a wife, a mother and brand new grandmother so I understand how quickly families change, your little ones grow and your young adults leave home to start families of their own. In addition to my family photo shoots I am also an accomplished fine art photographer, having exhibited Nationally and Internationally and been awarded medals and awards for my work, most notably ARPS from the Royal Photographic Society, AFIAP in recognition of the number of images accepted into International exhibitions and a London Salon of Photography medal in 2016. I have held solo exhibitions at the Royal Photographic Society Headquarters in Bath and at Howard Hall in Letchworth and also exhibited in a number of local galleries. To find out more about this aspect of my photography and view my images click here.
I love ‘Capturing the Moment’, that never to be repeated gesture, action or happening, wherever it is to be found. I am passionate about what I do and consider it a huge privilege to be trusted to capture those special moments for your family, taking my responsibilities very seriously. This means that you can relax and enjoy your session knowing you are in good hands.
- 2007 - My current interest in photography began when given a bridge camera as a birthday gift.
- 2008 - Awarded the distinction of LRPS by the Royal Photographic society.
- 2010 - Awarded distinction of by ARPS by the Royal Photographic Society.
- 2013 - Awarded AFIAP in recognition of the number of acceptances in International Exhibitions.
- 2013 onwards - I have spoken at a number of camera clubs in Kent, Hertfordshire and Sussex and I enjoy sharing my interest and passion with others. My current talk is called "The Story So Far" and documents my development from 'L' through to the present day.
- 2015 - First solo showcase exhibition, held at the RPS headquarters in Bath.
- 2016 - Photography business launched - selling fine art images and specialising in Lifestyle Family Photo Shoots.
- 2016 - Awarded a medal at London Salon of Photography.
- 2016 - Exhibition at Datchworth Gallery.
- 2017 - Solo Exhibition at Howard hall in Letchworth
- 2018 - New talk created reflecting my current passion 'A Moment Captured'